Both children and pets have very thin, sensitive and permeable skin. Many ingredients applied directly onto the skin are absorbed directly into the blood stream. SLS & SLES are detergents and ingredients you would want to avoid. Here is why:
1. SLS usually derived from petroleum or palm oil,
2. SLES can become contaminated with 1,4 dioxane which is a carcinogen,
3. It is a known irritant,
4. Can cause loss of water in the skin,
5. Strip the hair and skin of natural oils & damage the follicle,
6. Harm the environment by increasing the acidity of the soil & water.
7. Cats can develop respiratory compromise after inhalation during grooming.
Shampoos do, however, need surfactants to make them lather. FurBabies Botanicals have carried out extensive research to find a much more gentle, safer and planet friendly shampoo formulation.