Tear stains in dogs are most commonly associated with a condition known as epiphora which is characterised by excessive tearing or overflow of tears onto the fur around the eyes.
There are many reasons why dogs can have tear stains:
1. Atopic Dermatitis: Ocular (eye) symptoms such as discharge due to blepharitis, conjunctivitis has been described by several researchers as a manifestation of atopic dermatitis.
2. Blocked Tear Ducts Obstructions or partial blockages in the tear ducts can prevent normal drainage of tears, leading to staining.
3. Eye Infections: Infections of the eye, including conjunctivitis, can cause increased tearing and staining.
4. Allergies: Allergies to environmental factors, food, or other allergens can lead to eye irritation and excessive tearing.
5. Ingrown eyelashes: Abnormal eyelash growth, particularly when they rub against the eye, can cause irritation and tearing. Look out for red inflamed areas along the eye rims or eye lashes.
6. Teething in Puppies: Some puppies experience increased tearing and staining during the teething process.
7. Irritants: Exposure to irritants, such as smoke or dust, can lead to watery eyes and staining if there is chronic or continuous exposure.
8. Diet: Some believe that diet can influence tear staining, and certain food additives or ingredients may exacerbate the condition in susceptible dogs
Vets can perform an ocular examination along with a comprehensive clinical assessment to help identify the specific cause and recommend appropriate treatments or lifestyle adjustments to address the underlying issue. The treatment for tear stains may vary depending on the root cause and can include cleaning, dietary changes, medication, or surgical intervention in severe cases.
Our multipurpose balm is specially formulated to address the unique needs of your pet's delicate eye area. It is designed to gently cleanse, moisturise, and protect the skin, promoting a healthy and vibrant appearance. With a focus on natural ingredients and cruelty-free practices, you can trust that our balm provides a soothing and safe solution for your pet. Ensure that the balm is stored in warm room temperature (If it has hardened allow it to warm up in the palm of your hands or place in a warmer room temperature environment before using). In hotter climates keep in cooler rooms).
Why is maintaining the skin barrier integrity around the eyes important? The skin around the eyes is thin and sensitive, making it prone to dryness, irritation, and discomfort. Factors such as environmental pollutants, allergens, and aging can further compromise the skin's natural protective barrier. By using our multipurpose balm, you can help strengthen and maintain this barrier, keeping your pet's eye area healthy and comfortable.
What sets our multipurpose balm apart from other products on the market? Our balm is carefully crafted with a blend of natural ingredients known for their nourishing and soothing properties. Ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil, and chamomile extract work together to moisturise the skin, reduce inflammation by repairing the skin barrier, and promoting healing. This gentle yet effective formula is free from harsh chemicals, artificial fragrances, and dyes, ensuring a safe and gentle experience for your pet.
How to use our multipurpose balm? Applying the balm is quick and easy. Start by ensuring that the eye area is clean and dry. Take a small amount of the balm and gently massage it into the skin around the eyes using your fingertips. Do not allow the balm to enter the eye itself. Allow the balm to absorb fully in to the skin. For best results, use the balm once a week as part of your pet's grooming routine.
When it comes to caring for your pet, trust the expertise of FURBABIES™ BOTANICALS. Our multipurpose balm for cleaning and maintaining skin barrier integrity around the eyes is a must-have for pet owners who want to provide the best care for their FurBabies. Experience the soothing power of nature and give your pet the love and attention they deserve.